Kit Harington teases Jon Snow return in surprising update
Kit Harington may not be ready to hang up Jon Snow’s sword just yet.
The Game of Thrones star is once again talking about the possibility of returning to the character, nearly a decade after the HBO fantasy series first turned him into one of television’s most recognisable faces.
During recent appearance on the Happy Sad Confused podcast, Harington admitted that enough time has passed for him to see a potential Jon Snow comeback differently.
“I think I needed to do some other stuff like outside of it and it’s been a number of years and I’ve done all these different things,” he said.
“Some have been seen more widely than others. But I’ve done enough of them now that I don’t feel defined by just that character.”
That distance appears to have changed things.
“Now I’ve gone and done all these other things, and now I feel more comfortable with that character and that world again and where it sits in my life,” Harington said.
And then came the tease fans have been waiting for: “there’s a world in which something could work.”
That’s a notable shift from 2024, when Harington said the planned Jon Snow spinoff was “firmly on the shelf” because the creative team couldn’t find a story everyone wanted to tell.
“Currently, it’s off the table, because we all couldn’t find the right story to tell that we were all excited about enough. So, we decided to lay down tools with it for the time being,” he said at the time.
For now, Harington is keeping busy elsewhere, with roles in Industry, The Dreadful and A Tale of Two Cities.
He’s also set to appear in HBO’s upcoming second season of Harry Potter.
No comments