Julia Stiles gets sweet revenge on Andy Cohen
Andy Cohen has officially learned not to underestimate Julia Stiles on the dance floor.
During the Dancing With the Stars season 35 premiere on September 16, Stiles revisited Cohen’s now-infamous comment about the dance that helped her character land a spot at Julliard in Save the Last Dance.
“The quote is imprinted in my brain,” Stiles told dance partner Ezra Sosa before a clip showed Cohen saying in 2025, “Can we all just agree that Julia Stiles is not the greatest dancer on the planet?”
Well, Julia got her answer.
After Stiles and Sosa delivered a quickstep to Dolly Parton’s “9 to 5,” judge Derek Hough had a message for Cohen: “Andy Cohen, you can eat it.”
And Cohen? He took the roast like a champ.
During Watch What Happens Live later that night, Cohen made himself the show’s “Jackhole of the Day” and apologised directly to Stiles.
“Julia, I am so sorry,” Cohen said. “I am the last person who should be giving anyone feedback on their dancing.”
He even played a video of himself dancing badly at a concert before adding, “Great job, Julia Stiles.”
“You killed it tonight,” he continued. “You did amazing. I know you’re going to have a great run.”
Stiles and Sosa earned 18 out of 30, with 6s from all three judges. But the performance carried extra meaning: Parton had approved “9 to 5” for Stiles just weeks before the singer died August 25.
“It was only a couple weeks before Dolly passed that she approved this song specifically for me,” Stiles said. “I’m so honored to be dancing to her music and honoring her legacy, and I want to make her proud.”
As for DWTS? Stiles called the experience “exhilarating,” adding, “I am a super fan.”
No comments