Alan Carr calls out Loose Women's' 'desperate' push for NTA votes

Alan Carr has shared his thoughts on hit show Loose Women, branding its reported pleas for votes for the upcoming National Television Awards (NTAs) as 'desperate.'

The ITV talk show is up for Best Daytime Show at this year's ceremony, going up against Good Morning Britain, This Morning, James Martin’s Saturday Morning and Scam Interceptors in the category.

Now, the Celebrity Traitors winner has shared his two cents on Loose Women's campaign, saying it is way of 'physically forcing' the audience to vote.

Speaking to comedian Lee Peart on their Bottoms Up podcast, in a clip shared on TikTok this week, Alan said: 'Remember when Loose Women are nominated for an NTA, every day, every ad break, I mean, a bit desperate.

'I’m just saying, we all love Loose Women, but a bit desperate.'

He said: 'I agree. You know, when I was their warm-up, they asked me to go out before the show to get people to vote.'

To which Alan, whose own show Changing Ends is also up for an NTA, queried: 'Physically forced them to vote?'

Lee then replied: 'On the phones. I said, this is not my job, I won’t do it.'

Alan insisted that he still has love for the show, however, his remarks about their 'desperation' still left TikTok fans tickled.

Alan's comments come shortly after his pal Denise quit Loose Women after 26 years.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.